Tuesday, June 9

blackberries and chickens

Our friends the Pearts invited us to dinner and go pick blackberries last night for FHE. Mindy taught me how to make her homemade bread, which is so delicious. She made it seem really easy, but we'll see about that when I try it on my own. Here are some pictures from the berry picking and chicken feeding. Trevor loved to hear the rooster cock-a-doodle-doo!

We aren't big blackberry eaters, but I'm going to make some freezer jam out of it. Danelle and I are going to make freezer jam on Thurs. I've made it before and had mixed results. So, all of you domestic ladies out there - share your secrets for either raspberry, strawberry, or blackberry freezer jam. I need all the help I can get!

4 comments:

George and Caralee said...

No tips but one request! SAVE SOME FOR ME!!!!

brittani c. said...

Mmmmm. Blackberries. I love putting them in smoothies. :)

Amy said...

That looks like fun! And delicious blackberries! Trevor is so cute! You can't blame him for wanting to wear BYU gear though! :) How far along are you? I'm due the end of September.

Kristen said...

I can't believe you are due in only a few days! Good luck with everything!