Monday, April 20

when it rains, it pours

This is true for Houston weather, as well as my blog posts, it seems. Friday and Saturday were gloomy, rainy days here in Houston, which presents me with the challenge of entertaining a very energetic boy within the confines of our home. It was raining hard enough that even the thought of taking him somewhere to play outside was just too wet, since we'd have to walk from the car. My solution on Friday afternoon was a pillow tower for Trev to run and jump into. I think it was a hit.

Trevor's favorite word is "Huh?" Which sends shivers up my spine as I imagine how many times I'll hear this word repeated dazily back to me in the coming years. (Flash forward to a teenage boy sitting next to his dad watching ESPN, but has a heap of homework to do. Yeah, "Huh?" is here to stay.) He will seriously repeat it 10 times while I repeat exactly the same word over and over, until it magically sets in. But I do love the way he is able to communicate with me now, I feel like I'm hanging out with my little buddy and most of the time I love to hear his thoughts on what's going on around us. On the way home from hanging with the fam last night David and I were telling Trevor that when we got home we needed to get ready for bed. I was telling him the steps... Get PJs on, go potty, wash, brush your teeth, choose some books, read/rock, then bedtime. He was moaning and whining in the back while I rattled this off, then said, "I don't WANT to talk about bedtime." One of many firm opinions this little guy has formed during his first two years.





7 comments:

Gibb Family said...

Too cute. Sometimes I don't want bedtime either.

Unknown said...

He is adorable! You are right, once they say "HUH?" it never leaves their vocabulary!!! The pillows looked fun. Hope the rain goes away soon.

AJ

George and Caralee said...

Do you remember making forts with the blankets on the kitchen table? And I think Gramma J would let you do it at her house too. Anyway, sure wish I was there to play with you and Trevor. If he gets any cuter...I don't know what... keep lovin him I guess!
Love you all!

George and Caralee said...

So I didn't listen to the video cuz Dad was watching Chuck! But that brought me to tears! He is SOO smart and adorable! I love you all so much and am so proud of the wonderful family you are!

SarahAnne said...

So cute, Mel. The pillows are a great idea!

Jeff and Laura said...

He is the cutest and getting so big!

Kristen said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog! It's nice to keep in touch. I have been so sad since you guys moved. You have the sweetest family and I wish I would have taken the time to get to know you better outside of Primary. I always hoped that Trevor and Jenna could date when they got older. Trevor is just the cutest little guy ever! I am so happy to hear that you have another one on the way. You sound like such a good mom. I'll have to keep checking your blog to get some pointers!