Sunday, April 12

project time

When I was young, I was lucky enough to have aunts/grandmas/mom who let me and my sibs do lots of fun projects. We were big into the puff paint movement, which really should never have been, those things were pretty tacky! :) But I have so many fun memories of doing craft stuff like tieing bracelets, painting shirts, making easter eggs, coloring, making potholders, learning to use that plastic canvas w/yarn, etc. Then it was just a ton of fun and something to look forward to, but now I appreciate how lucky I was to have them in my life and that they were willing to let us get creative.

Last week, digging through some material, I found some canvas aprons that Andrea and I bought like 5 + years ago (do you remember??). So I decided this might be a good opportunity to pay it forward, and we had Lauren over for a little project on Friday morning. Trev and Lauren painted these little canvas aprons with some springy puff paint. Lauren is such a great little artist and so creative, so without any prompting she whipped out a little Easter masterpiece! Then I sewed on a few pockets. It turned out very cute!




2 comments:

George and Caralee said...

WOW! That really brought back the memories! It looked like Lauren and Trevor had a blast. The pockets added so much! Good job, sweetie!

Unknown said...

Fun!! But what if I want my apron back? To be said in a whiny little girl voice.....MOMMMMM, she stole my apron! Can you tell my kids like to tattle-tale? All STINKIN' day? Glad the kiddies had fun! Hope you guys are all feeling better!

AJ