Thursday, March 13

Life in the Land of Enchantment

We have begun our move to Texas and Trevor and I have safely arrived at our first destination in the long exodus. On Monday we made the drive down to New Mexico to stay with the Joneses for a little over a week before Barbs, Trev and I will make the drive down to Houston. On the way to Flora Vista we stopped in for a little visit with Great Grandma Jones in Blanding. Trevor was relieved to have a break from the drive and played with Grandma and ran around the yard.

After Blanding, we stopped by the Hawses and spent the night there. Kylie was hilarious; she had Trevor laughing so hard. The great kind of laughter where you throw your head back and sometimes you don't even make a sound. Of course, the harder Trevor laughed the crazier Kylie got. So cute!

I am really missing my David! He's hanging out in Utah to finish out his last two weeks at work. Right now he's actually in Vegas with the brothers and Ryan and others... If he was not so lame and would do a post on this blog, then maybe you all would hear about the trip... :) But it sounds like they are having fun just having a guys' weekend. And it doesn't hurt that the Cougs have won their first 2 games. Let's hope they can pull it out tomorrow. Go Cougs!
I'm just waiting until next Sunday til we meet up with David in Houston - can't wait.




Here in Flora Vista Trevor and I are having the best time. The one-on-one time with Grandpa and Grandma Jones is so much fun. I'm glad that Trevor is getting to know his grandparents; he is loving it. We have been going on walks (the first day we were here we went out 3 times, he can't get enough) up the road to look at the horses, listen to the birds, and cross paths with cats, dogs, or chickens/roosters that might be passing our way. He is begging at the door by about 8:30 am with shoes in hand and I have to try and distract him until at least 11:00 or so for it to warm up.


Speaking of animals, Trevor can now recite the sounds of the cow, lion, elephant (this is technically a mime, but we'll count it!), snake (it's a hit and miss with this one...), and the most recent addition CAT. It's amazing how fast these kiddos learn stuff. I've been working like crazy for him to recognize his body parts, but he's resisting. I finally had success with the nose and ears. A small victory!




3 comments:

Justin and Kitara said...

I'm excited that you get to enjoy Houston! We'll be down there in June for a week or so. We'll have to try and get together! email me at jvkitkat(at)yahoo(dot)com and we can try to plan something!

Sarah said...

So fun to see your pictures of Trevor. I am not a very good blogger, and don't get on enough to keep updated. I didn't even know you were moving to Texas! How fun. Now you have to start singing "The Stars at Night..." or do Texans just sing that when they leave Texas? Anyway, I hear it is a great place to live, and very affordable, congratulations!

SarahAnne said...

Hey, Melissa and Dave. Wow - I had no idea you were moving! Congrats on the job, Dave, and I'm so glad to "see" you guys via your blog. Trever sure is a cutie! have a great time and enjoy your new life in Texas!

SarahAnne