Tuesday, March 30

San Jacinto





Carin invited us out to the San Jacinto museum/monument for a dose of some Texas history y'all! There was a bumper sticker in the gift shop that said, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." Was it written by a native Texan, I think so!? It was a really impressive monument and listening to the story of the battle, I couldn't help think that the timing was truly inspired. Casualties in the battle were 700 Mexicans to only 9 Texans. Trevor's favorite part of the monument was an elevator to ride up to the top of the monument and view the surrounding landscape. Spencer just chilled in the carrier with his mama. He mostly just gets dragged around at this stage in his life. But I'm not complaining about that! I'm treasuring these last few months of his sweet, uncomplicated life. I'm sure it will get crazy now that he's moving around more.

We also went over to check out the Battleship Texas, which was used in WWI and II. It's amazing how every nook and cranny of that ship was designed and used for something. I can't imagine what life would be like living on there! Trevor, much like every boy his age, can't resist the urge to run wherever he goes. It was a rainy day... which actually made the whole atmosphere a little more authentic in my mind. On a battleship, a dreary day .... I don't know why. But anyway, the deck was pretty slippery and I was yelling at him to walk pretty much every time he moved. You can't blame him - it's just his boyness!

It was a lot of fun!


No comments: